Some think of Ethiopia as the country of famine, drought & starvation. This is not true & this is not the Ethiopia experience! It is home to many other scenes sure to amaze the most demanding ecological tourists. With mountains, fields, rivers, and waterfalls, Ethiopia offers something for all.
If you are interested in fauna and flora Ethiopia has colorful and diversified natural generosity which can be explored on walks, horse rides, trekking, hiking, boat trips or a simple nature watch.
- A unique country and with no other African country comparison. The scenery is varied and surprisingly green, with many wonderful geological features such as Dallol Depression (one of the lowest depressions in the world), the Erta ale Active Volcano, Sof Omar Cave, the Great East Africa Rift Valley, Blue Nile Gorge and others.
- Ethiopia has much to offer the Simien Mountains with jagged peaks and deep gorges to the beautiful Lake Tana & its medieval period island monasteries and the eleven magical Christian monolithic churches in Lalibela. Also fascinating are the many nomadic peoples. Truly a country to discover!
- Ethiopia is the home of distance running where many of the greatest runners of all time have come and they have come to dominate the world of distance running along with their fellow east Africans in Kenya. Visit the town of Runners Bekoji (Where Ethiopian Runners Are Born or Ethiopia's Home of Athletics Champions) where most of Ethiopian Olympic gold medal winners seem to have chosen to be born here. Haile Gebreselassie, Derartu Tulu, Fatuma Roba, Kenenisa Bekele, and Tirunesh Dibaba.
- Ethiopia is considered as the Cradle of Human Kind and the home of human ancestors. The fossil of Lucy “Dinknesh”, which dates back to about 3.18million years old, is the most prominent one.
- The home to the most ancient Kingdom in Africa (Ethiopia), and one of the first monarchies in the world and the sole African country to possess an alphabet more than 2000 years old.
- Ethiopia is one of the most enriching country for experiences and highly recommended if you get the chance, that it’s a destination not to be missed!
If you are interested in going, there is only one get way that can give you the type of experience that Ethiopian offer and you wish.
Abugida Tours is your get way to visit Ethiopia and always ready to arrange & provide you unique and innovative customized programs, exclusively tailored to your particular interests, budget, taste, and schedule.