Mr. Moges Girma was born and studied his primary and high school in Addis Ababa the capital of Ethiopia. He joined Addis Ababa University where he obtained his B.A degree in foreign language and literature. He started working as an English language teacher in private and government schools, colleges and institutions in different parts of Ethiopia. He has also working experience as translator and interpreter under the United Nations Mission in Libria (UNMIL).
The name “ Abugida “ refers to the unique Ethiopian alphabet which is one of Ethiopia’s symbolic cultural identity.
Abugida Tours was established early in 2011. It is a privately owned company that seeks to promote tourism to Ethiopia and to provide its clients with a memorable and enjoyable Ethiopian vacation experience. Abugida Tours clients' satisfaction and safety are its absolute priorities. Whether travel is by air or with its modern fleet of four-wheel drive vehicles, Abugida Tours' goal is to deliver a fascinating and uniquely African experience. With friendly, safety-conscious drivers and multilingual, experienced guides, Abugida Tours is committed to giving visitors to Ethiopia an appreciation and better understanding of its people and its many natural and historical wonders.
We provide the following services:
1. Short tours
A. Half/full day city tour of Addis Ababa
B. Excursion: 1-2 days trips round Addis Ababa
These 1 and 2 days itineraries are planned for road travel, but Abugida Tours can arrange two days tour by air to one of the four towns on the Historic Route, or to the city of Harer via Dire Dawa.
Click here for details of our Short tour Packages
2. Long tours
- Historic route
- Cultural route
- Adventure tour to Danakel Depression and Erta Alle
- Trekking in National Mountains
- Bird watching
- Rift valley lakes
- National parks and so much more
Click here for details of our long tour Packages
Other services from Abugida tours
- Rent a car
- Hotel, lodge & villa rentals
- Logistic arrangement for aerial filming and photography
- Charter flight arrangements
- Arrangements of events and conference
The following points are the key points in our philosophy:
- We encourage our own staffs to take an active interest in responsible and sustainable tourism and train them accordingly so that they can put our policies in to practice.
- We provide our clients with advice and guidelines on how to respect the social, cultural, and religious beliefs of local communities.
- We support and encourage our clients to support local organizations that gives service to the community like, clinics, schools, orphanages e.t.c…
- We endeavor to ensure our practices help in the environmental conservation of the area we visit